Thursday, August 5, 2010

From the front porch lookin' in...

I have a buddy who lives alone and was not at home last night and said that I could break into his house with a credit card if I needed a place to stay. Although I love living in the van and sleeping outside under the sky and in the night breeze that Utah so generously provides, whenever I am offered a couch or a bed I tend to take people up on it, so long as I know them. You see its sort of like when you were planning on just going out to eat at Wendys or something and your friend calls you up and says they have a two for one deal at a fine steakhouse. You will probably go to your fridge, find the A-1 sauce, and book it over there with your new best buddy. So I accepted. He said all I needed to do was jimmy the handle and use a credit card to swipe the lock and the door would open....
The Ever illegal credit card swipe....

So I got in no problem. Oh wait. There was this one tiny little thing. He only let me into the patio area! The door to the actual house was dead locked! I could have just stayed in my van! It would have been much more comfortable. But I was so tired and did not want to bike all the way back across town so I decided I would just take what I could get. I mean it was raining and the patio was covered, so I counted myself somewhat lucky. Here is where I slept...

Nothing like cold concrete to put you right to sleep! Anyways, needless to say I felt like the tin man when I woke up. Oil Can! Oil Can! Hopped on my bike, found some internet and A/C! Today I plan on having a lot of fun, now that the weather has seemed to clear! See you around!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh...that's messed up! I hope your sciatic didn't scream at you after that...

    ReplyDelete